When it comes to your business, keeping things watertight is crucial – literarily. Waterproofing is the process of making an object or structure waterproof or water-resistant, so it can better withstand exposure to water and moisture. Flux is one of the companies that offers waterproofing services in Singapore. In this article, we will share with you the importance of waterproofing in Singapore, how is it carried out and how to choose a waterproofing company.
The Importance of Waterproofing in Singapore
Leaks and flooding can cause extensive damage to your property, leading to costly repairs. Furthermore, dampness and mould can result in health problems for employees, customers, and tenants. In extreme cases, mould can even cause structural damage to buildings. By waterproofing your business premises, you can minimise the risk of water damage and safeguard the health of those inside.
For an example, waterproofing protects your kitchen from water damage, which can be caused by leaks, spills and condensation. A waterproofed kitchen is easier to clean as compared to a non-waterproofed one. This is because dirt and grease do not stick to waterproofed surfaces as easily, as compared to non-waterproofed ones. As such, less time and effort is required to clean a waterproofed kitchen. In addition, a waterproofed kitchen minimizes the risks of slips and falls, as compared to a non-waterproofed one.
How Is Waterproofing Carried Out?
Waterproofing in Singapore is usually carried out using a combination of techniques, depending on the needs of the property. Some of the more common methods include:
- Applying a waterproof coating or membrane to external walls
- Installing drainage systems around the perimeter of the building
- Fitting water-resistant windows and doors
- Lining kitchens and bathrooms with waterproof materials
Choosing a Waterproofing Company
When choosing a waterproofing company in Singapore, it’s important to do your research to ensure you’re getting a reputable service. Here are a few factors to consider before hiring one:
- Make sure the company is experienced and accredited. It is important that the waterproofing company has experience in the industry so that they can do a proper job of getting things done.
- Ask for references from past clients and follow up on these. By doing this, it shows that the company has successfully carried out waterproofing projects and are experts in the field.
- Ensure that the company is licensed. It is crucial that the company has obtained the necessary license to carry out waterproofing works without breaking any regulations or rules in Singapore.
- Request a detailed quote that outlines exactly what work will be carried out and the associated costs.
In conclusion, businesses should invest in waterproofing their kitchens as it provides many benefits such as protection against water damage, ease of cleaning and minimizing slip and fall accidents. When choosing a waterproofing company, businesses should consider the company’s past projects and testimonials, certifications and whether they offer warranty for their services. Check out Flux for their waterproofing services in Singapore.